At The Public Square Academy, we believe that a democracy is only as good as the citizens who care for it. We support individuals on their journeys to becoming educated, empowered, and engaged citizens serving the greater common good.
PSA is a modern civics education and service club for today’s fast-paced, tech-enabled world. We would like to invite you to participate in the beta program of The Public Square Academy’s interactive subscription.
Join with other Public Square Members to tackle issues affecting our democracy, our society, and our communities. The Academy is a team-based approach to self-improvement and for the common good. Each month our learning teams focus on important topics, engage in challenges, and craft solutions to share with the community.
Our Beta group will explore Media Meal Planning, a short, interactive program to help you improve your personal media consumption practices. Learn about the fundamental role of journalism in society, what practices make for good reporting, and how editorial policies shape what you read. Working in small groups, you will participate in a virtual Pub Crawl, to test and develop your criteria for selecting and judging media outlets. The results of this challenge will be a collective rating of media outlets to be published by the Academy. Come join the fun!
- You will become more savvy media consumers, selecting higher quality media, outlets, and journalists.
- You will be more efficient in staying up to date on current events and news – freeing up your time for other pursuits.
- You will become better informed, which will get you invited to all the right dinner parties!
- You will have fun and make new connections while learning!
- And… maybe we can raise the level of intelligent, civil dialogue on the planet! Even just a bit.
Our beta group will run from May 13 to June 7th, 2019. We will send you more details on May 10th.
Expect to spend an hour or so per week on your own study, and participate in a weekly video conference meeting with your learning team.
Drop on in to the class though the product registration (select free beta).