Interactive Program Design is for civic and consumer education subject matter experts who wish to develop and deliver educational programs through The Public Square Academy (PSA). You will develop the knowledge, skills, and perspectives to be able to develop courses that truly transform participants.
Unlike most DIY online programs, our programs deliver a transformative learning experience by focusing on interactive learning strategies. These strategies result in a more enjoyable and lasting experience. Designers will have access to digital tools that will help them deliver content and host for group meetings.
- Understand the foundations of our interactive program strategies
- Learn to use delivery tools like Canvas LMS and zoom video conferencing.
- Develop strategies for hosting and supporting discussions and small groups.
- Explore, select, and develop experiential learning approaches including role plays, case studies, problem-based learning, gamification, and fictionalization.
- Develop a detailed plan and schedule for building your program.
- Set long term customer and revenue goals for your personal or organizational development.
- Organizations with a civic/social mission who wish to use educational programs expand their reach and further their mission.
- Individual subject matter experts, teachers, authors, and speakers who wish to develop an income stream, build thought leadership, and influencer status.
- Educators who wish to offer non-traditional or niche programs not typically supported in traditional educational institutions.
- Subject matter experts who wish to scale their expertise by training and supporting other mentors in their field.
Register now for the April 2019 cohort. We will contact you and build a schedule around your needs.
Following this design program, Graduates who enter the Academy to fully develop their programs receive 30 days of free membership in the Instructional Artists Collective community. Participants may then register in the Program Marketing class where we will develop a collaborative marketing plan. You will join a network of designers while you complete program development.
Instructional design experience is not necessary. This program can be completed at your own pace or with a monthly cohort. You may also choose to take program marketing class concurrently with the Program Design Class.
Mentor: Michael Freedman, M.A.
Designer: Michael Freedman, M.A.